A list, because I want to!
1. I managed to actually study something for my GRE tonight! I’ve been putting it off for 9 weeks now. I found the Khan Academy website that shows videos of basic math (since I was stuck on quadratic equations for a second). It’s all coming back to me now. Although, everybody on Facebook says it’s not worth it to study much of the math because it’s so complex. I feel like I should study something though! I can’t even make an educated guess on the answers when my math knowledge is so far gone! So I’ll probably do a few reviews here and there and then buck up and schedule a date for the GRE (nooooooo!!!!).
2. Speaking of GRE, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get my MSN (masters in nursing) instead of my MHA (healthcare administration). Not 100% positive yet, but I just don’t think I can afford to go the MHA route at this point unless I take out student loans, and I refuse to take out loans! For some reason, the MHA degrees I found from universities are way more expensive… I’ll do some more research, but at this point, the MSN is taking the lead.
3. I made it to the gym today! Woohoo! It felt good to be back to work out. I only did 40 minutes at the gym but felt good afterwards. I’m having to change up my gym time to later in the morning since it’s so crowded until about 11, and then it’s totally empty. Well, about 5-10 people were there today, but I got a squat rack with no problem and that’s really all I care about. I think I’ll do a longer run tomorrow.
4. I went to Providence after the gym. Luckily I didn’t waste time showering before I went since I sweat like crazy walking around Providence. The humidity is crazy this week. I loved Providence! I walked 5ish miles and then ate a $13 salad from UNO. I can’t believe places charge $13 for some lettuce mix, blueberries, walnuts, and goat cheese. But the salad is delightful so I sucked it up and paid for it, and then I sat outside and enjoyed the view depicted in the bottom image. Aside from the salad though, Providence really is adorable! I left around 5:30 and didn’t hit any traffic either, and I do love a traffic free city!
5. I booked Jon’s flight to La Guardia for September 19th! The countdown that Delta gave me was 17 days! Totally excited for him to get up here so we can do some weekend traveling before I have to head down south for some shifts in my ER.
6. Jon and I are renting out our guest bedroom. I think we have a tenant that’ll move in on the 15th of this month, so she’ll be there while I’m home. Is it bad that I DO NOT want to do this? I like my space and would rather it just be me and Jon in the 2-3 weeks that we have together before I head out west! But we can save the money from the rent for our road trip in May and not cut into our college money fund, so it’ll be worth it. I just need to suck it up and be okay with it. It’s a short term lease, so she’ll be gone in early December and then we’ll discuss if we want another tenant till I get home for good.
7. Time to go. Maybe I’ll do a few more math videos or go through some photos or something. Back to work tomorrow (BLAH) so I need to try to get in bed early. Tomorrow is a 3-11, followed by two 9-9s, so I can’t sleep in tomorrow or it’ll mess up my sleep schedule.