A list because I’m lazy.
1. This past week, I went to the cabin with my sister, brother-in-law, and Jon. I already mentioned it. We stopped by Vogel State Park for a quick waterfall sighting and then spent the night playing Scrabble (I won) and listening to the boys talk about football. Boring.
2. I bought a new computer! I got a MacBook Air. It’s the same computer than Jon has and I really wanted to hold off because I’m feeling like money is just going down the drain lately (wedding time is expensive time- trust me- money just disappears), but I wanted some time to get acquainted with my computer before heading off to MA. I need to be able to Skype with Jon while I’m gone and keep everybody updated.
3. I’m dying to get back to the gym. I had a nice week off but now, my arms are feeling small again and I just want to be active. Between my insane work schedule coming up and needing to spend time with Jon, I’m putting it off till I get settled in my new home.
4. After today, I have one full week and one weekend between me and leaving! Every night when I get in bed, I snuggle up to Jon (I am NOT a cuddler in bed) because I’m going to miss him! And my cats! I don’t know what Kitty is going to do without me for so long! I’m worried it’ll stress her out and she’ll start eating the fur out of her back again. She’s such a mommy’s girl. But really, I’m going to miss my own house, my own kitchen and food, my cats, and Jon like crazy. I feel like I’m preparing for a deployment because I have no idea when I’ll be able to fly back. I may end up having to go two full assignment without coming home (26 weeks).
5. My brother posted some wedding photos online!
I do wish my sister had put the ring bearer pillow down for the photos!
He got some really good ones of the ceremony. I’m looking forward to getting our professional ones back, but I may not see them until I come home next time around since I don’t think they’ll be done in time for me to leave. I wish I could just have a million wedding days over and over again. It’s such a fun day! Minus all the planning.
6. I have started planning my trip to Maine with Jon and decided I want to go to Nova Scotia. I don’t think it’ll work in our time frame (it’s 13 hours from Boston to Nova Scotia) and I’m bummed! We COULD make it work, but it’s too long in the car. Also, people at work freaked me out thinking I would have to change my name on my passport. But if I’m not driving, I don’t see why. My passport is a valid form of ID, and if I ever fly out of the country, I would think I could just book my ticket under my old last name, since they never see my driver’s license either. I’ll probably still send my passport in soon for a name change, but it doesn’t seem necessary.
7. I am going to go make some breakfast and start a day full of errands. We have groceries to be bought and food to be made. And other things.