1. I’m sick AGAIN! For being around sick people all the time for my job, I rarely get sick. Last year, I think I got sick once. We’re going on #4 since Christmas here. This time it’s a horrible cough with a lot of nasty mucus. I’m hoping this is as bad as it gets, but I get so tired when I’m sick. My nephew and Jon’s sister both had a cough going on, so I’m assuming I picked it up while on vacation.
2. Wisconsin was awesome! Annie and I cooked up some dishes and made some homemade protein bars. It was fun to be in the kitchen with my sister, even though she’s not really much of a cook. I really wasn’t ready to leave when Wednesday rolled around! I could have stayed for at least a few more days!
Lot of snow!
Played Bingo with Annie and Beth (Beth is my step grandma- but she’s been around since I was little and is my last grandparent left!)
2. Florida was also awesome. Jon’s sister (Rebecca) took our engagement photos on Saturday night and I can’t wait to see them! However, my hair doesn’t do well in humidity because it’s so naturally wavy, so despite all the oil I put in my hair, it was a huge fro when I looked in the mirror after the shoot. Hopefully that’s not captured on camera… She’s still editing, but I’ll share when they’re done!
I love beach time with Jon! It was super windy and the first day, I laid out with my yoga pants and long sleeved shirt on and took a killer nap. It was the best. The second beach day was so windy that the sand was painful, so Jon and I took a long walk along the beach!
A friend of mine from high school opened Crave Food Truck in St Augustine. The food is all really awesome and healthy! I surprised her by showing up out of the blue and it was really awesome to see her! It was also in a fantastic location on a marina. Jon and I were daydreaming about future houses when he’s a doctor.
4. Jon and I spent $300 on groceries last night to welcome us back. That’s a new record by a TON! We did stock up on some bigger food items that cost more, but I was in shock when that came up on the cash register.
5. I’m starting to take protein again. Just one scoop a day, and for now I’m not coinciding with my workouts. This is how I did it a few years back when I had lost a lot of weight and I put on weight fairly quickly, which is my goal. I don’t even know what I weigh now, but from the looks of me, I’d like to gain about 10lbs again. I need to get back into lifting heavier again, so I’m going today for a run and some legs. I did skip CrossFit today because it entailed 5 rounds of 800m run, 5 rope climbs, and 50 push ups. I don’t think I can muster through that long of a workout when I feel like this. That’s one month off, so I’ll talk to the owner about applying my last month of payment to this coming month.
6. I’m already cooking. Although I really don’t love to cook, I was so happy to get home and be able to eat my own food. Already working on a casserole for tonight and for lunches this week. I’m basing it off a recipe but I’m making changes for some more flavor.
7. I have a test tomorrow, so aside from cleaning, cooking, and some gym time, I’ll be studying ALL DAY LONG. Bummer.
Time to go be productive!